THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Matters of the Heart

I have a heart problem. Please don't tell me that you think it's related to my boyfriend and I. Puh-lease. I'm talking about a medical condition. I won't try to elaborate piece by piece. It's as simple as this: I am prone to a cardiac arrest anytime. I can't be too giddy, too sad, too angry, or too worried. My doctor prescribed me a medicine I must bring everywhere I go if ever something happens. I never took it from the day I had it. Not until last night.

I was really feeling tired the entire day though I was at home. I had a class at 6pm and usually, I prepare myself at 2:30 so as not to be late since I tend to take too long. Yesterday, I felt like not going to school but I don't want to absent myself. I'm honestly trying to be as serious as I can be with school because I know that whatever I do now will have an impact on what I can be years from now. I left the house at past 5. I was already outside the gate when I went back to take an aspirin for the reason that I was having chest pains. Halfway to school and the pain was still there. It was getting worse. I ignored it. It was 6pm when my face flashed in the monitor of the ID scanner. I got scared because the pain was still there and it was unlike those I had before. In the past, it was just like a headache. Last night, it was excruciating. I couldn't take my medicine 'coz tita accidentally brought it with her in Bacolod. I texted mommy to pick me up for it.

It was the first time I asked my mom to do that. I didn't realize she was going to call my sister, and then my sister was going to tell her COSCA friends, Rey, and then Rey was going to call tita who is a thousand miles away. In class, I was acting normally. Hello? I don't want to let the world know that I feel like I might collapse any time soon or something. I had no idea that Rey kept on calling me at my Globe mobile and that Arem and my sister are running around La Salle looking for me!

I answered Arem's call and he told me to meet them at the Central Plaza. Imagine my amazement when on my way out of Miguel, he was on his way in, sweating! When we got to the central plaza, turned out aside from the two of them, Ate Tina, Elaine, and Rolan were there waiting for me!

I answered Rey's call and he was so worried about what was going on. FYI, I didn't tell him anything 'coz I didn't want to bother him at work. Plus, I don't want to make a big deal out of it. Although they already did!

It was my first time I took that medicine. It was sublingual, I had to place it under my tongue until it dissolves completely. Weird.

I concluded that I almost had 'it' since I was super stressed and sleep-deprived because of school lately--papers for research, SLEs for xgrothe, reports and what not. It had been more than 6 months of rest for me so I guess the sudden stress attack constituted to it.

Anyway, I really got surprised about how people reacted last night. It felt satisfying to have people who are real friends. It felt good to know the people we can count on in terrible times. It felt nice knowing people care about you. Heaven is indeed a place on earth.:)

To Arem--you are a great person :) I hope you and Sandy truly become a couple!! Seriously!!:) thank you!

To Elaine--you are lovely in and out :) thank you!

To Ate Tina--Happy Birthday!:) stay sexy!;) thank you much!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wicked step sis??? okay ka na??? all smiles!

@margeemateo said...

bro! take care of urself! ano ba yan?! of course its a matter of emergency noh. good luck and take care of urself!!!!

Princess Annix said...

i'm ok..but i can't eat pork for the meantime neither drink iced tea. imagine?!?! i therefore conclude i'm not ok!

thanks! mwaah!