THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Rebuttal

I was bored the other day when I thought of going through my cousin/wicked stepbro's blog. I came across one entitled "Eleksyong Tugtog". Each line started with " bakit ka pa boboto.." Basically, it was a litany of reasons why a person should not vote anymore. I beg to differ though. A single vote could and would matter. I could still recall the campaign period back in La Salle for the Student Council Elections. Part of one party's speech was the importance of one vote. The moment I heard it, I knew they were right.

It was
one vote that made English America's national language and not German.

It was
one vote that made Thomas Jefferson US president over Burr.

It was one vote that made Hitler the leader of the Nazis.

It was
one vote per precinct in Illinois that made JFK the presidency over Nixon.

In our country, it was
one vote that stopped the Senate from uncovering the truth by opening the envelope during Estrada's impeachment trial.

We may not always make the right choices and have the correct judgments. Our personal candidates may not win. But you see, not everyone is given the liberty to vote. Our heroes fought for our democracy. Other nations are still fighting for it. We are fortunate to have the right. We only have to exercise it. How often do we vote? Once in a couple of years. Why waste it? If you do not vote, you do not have the right to complain about the elected officials.

A vote you don't cast for your preferred candidate is a vote you give away. Don't make it easier for the cheating candidate to win. A vote you cast for a good candidate is vote a cheating candidate would die for.

One vote could and would matter.

When I reached 18, I registered and voted. The president I voted for was not Arroyo. Thank God I am not to blame for that. Haha.

My vote was counted. I counted. That is what matters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quoted-"We are fortunate to have the right. We only have to exercise it. How often do we vote? Once in a couple of years. Why waste it? If you do not vote, you do not have the right to complain about the elected officials."
That was exactly my point the time i wrote that piece. Eto story nun:
It is really a so-i-can-get-your-attention thing. ginawa ko yun patterned sa ginawa nya (nung girl na crush ko.. *pathetic! since grade school pa... *live a life!), parang mockery in disguise para makuha ko yung reaction nya. But, the mission failed. mahabang istorya. But i do vote ha just for the record.

Princess Annix said...

bwahahahaha!!