THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 2, 2008

It's A Small World After All

"There's so much that we share
And it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all..."

I used to hear this children's song daily during my week-long 'stint' at a preschool. Lately, I am coming to realize how true these lines are.

You see, I am an outgoing person; an extrovert as how people in my discipline would call it. Back in my undergraduate years, my friends and acquaintances came from different courses, colleges, levels, and organizations. Since I enjoyed [and still do] clubbing and partying, I get the chance to meet friends of friends, cousins of friends, siblings of friends, neighbors of classmates of friends, and the likes. When I began working, I met more people. Now that I am in graduate school, my circle of friends grew bigger.

Rey, for instance, had been classmates-slash-friends with my childhood friend-slash-neighbor-slash-almost kuya since they were kids. We even argued before as to whether his real childhood friend was Rey or I!

Recently, I keep on making these 'discoveries' about someone I know being friends with someone I also know and another someone I also know. Those two people I also know apparently know each other as well!

It was both fun and funny to realize these connections. I guess it is indeed true that we are associated to one another within six degrees.

I suddenly started asking myself whether or not it is a good thing. Watchathink?

0 comments: